Developed by scientists at Firefly Energy, Microcell™ Carbon Foam is a material that’s revolutionizing the battery industry.
Compared to lead plates — one of the main components of all lead acid batteries, carbon foam delivers longer service life, increased energy efficiency and better performance under extreme conditions. That’s why we used it to create our revolutionary Firefly MCF battery.
Firefly carbon foam design resists sulfation and corrosion (two of the primary causes of failure in lead-acid batteries), while dramatically increasing the surface area within the battery, resulting in greater energy capacity, faster recharges, and deeper discharge capability.
- Sealed – requires no maintenance
- More than 3-4 times cycle life compared to flooded gel & AGM VRLA batteries at 50% DOD.
- Lower cost per kWh delivered compared to premium VRLA batteries.
- Unmatched ability to recover from extended storage in discharged state.
- Throughput efficiency greater than 90%.
- Improved high/low temperature performance.
- Superior protection against corrosion and sulfation related problems.
- Available with Battery Energy Management System (BEMS) .
- Lowest Cost of ownership
- Industry leading warranty.
- Compatible with existing lead acid battery recycling infrastructure.
- Outstanding long life even under partial state of charge operation.